- Roadside clean-up: Boys will meet at the Holland Lake Trail Head of Lebanon Hills Regional Park on TBD for practice at 8am (directions). Following practice the boys will help clean-up a two mile stretch of Cliff Rd. Please bring a pair of gloves to pick up items with; trash bags and neon vests will be provided.
- Cookie Classic: Boys will help work the middle school meet on TBA at Johnny Cake Ridge Park. Meet the coaches at the park immediately following your run for practice to be given your meet assignments. All boys are expected to remain until the conclusion of the middle school meet (usually around 5:30pm).
- Middle School District Championship: Boys will help work the middle school meet on TBA at Johnny Cake Ridge Park. Meet the coaches at the park immediately following your run for practice to be given your meet assignments. All boys are expected to remain until the conclusion of the middle school meet (usually around 5:30pm).
- Prince of Peace Mega Sale Set-Up/Take down: Thursday, August 1st students will help set up the mega sale. On Saturday, August 17th boys will help work the sale. And, Thursday, August 22nd we will help take down the sale.
Parent Opportunities: The cross country program has been very fortunate to have a supportive and involved parent network. The following are activities that parents have coordinated in support of the program
- Spaghetti Dinners: The day prior to each meet a group of families will join together to host the team for a spaghetti dinner. Many years ago the Mittlestadt family put together a set of recommendations to help families plan for the spaghetti dinners. These recommendations can be found here: Spaghetti Dinner Tips
- Poster Committee: Each boy on the team has a poster of pictures and decorations commemorating their season created by their parents in time for the team banquet. A small group of parents generally volunteer to coordinate and organize materials and dates to supply all parents with the resources necessary to complete their son’s poster.
- Display Case: A group of parents volunteer to decorate the display case in the EVHS student commons prior to freshmen orientation. Materials are provided for parents.
- Banquet Committee: A group of parents volunteer to coordinate, organize, set-up and take-down for the team banquet (held in the EVHS commons) at the end of the season. The 2019 banquet will occur on November 14th at 6:30 pm.
- Nike Regionals: On November 11th the boys have an opportunity to compete at a regional meet against teams from Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and of course Minnesota either individually or as a team. They have the option of competing against boys their own grade, or in different grades. The trip must be organized and chaperoned by an adult not employed by Eastview’s Cross Country program, if you are interested in filling this role please contact Coach Sharp for a team distribution list. Visit http://www.runnerspace.com/nxnhl for more details.
To volunteer for one of these parent activities please contact Coach Sharp: email@example.com