The ISD 196 Nordic Ski Team competes in boys and girls cross-country ski racing at both varsity and junior varsity levels. The season runs from mid-November to mid-February and consists of regular season conference and non-conference meets. Practices are scheduled daily after school at a number of ski trails in the area. Competition takes place in two different disciplines of cross-country skiing; classical and freestyle.
- Cross-country skiing is the perfect cross-training sport for the winter months (upper and lower body conditioning, aerobic training)
- You can join if you have never skied before and want to learn the basics of the sport. You don’t have to “try out” – everyone is welcome
- Coaching and instruction is provided to students at all levels of ability, as well as the opportunity to rent equipment at a low rate
- Everyone gets a chance to compete
- You will develop close friendships with athletes both from Eastview and other ISD 196 schools as we share coaches, practice together, and ride to and from our races as one team
Check out our team website: https://isd196nordic.shutterfly.com/
For more information here is the 2019-20 Brochure: Nordic Brochure 8 25 19 final